I've been thinking for some time about starting a blog. And finally last month after becoming a regular reader on a few other blogs, I decided, yup, this is it, I am doing it. Now, one month later I'm actually sitting here typing my first entry(?). I'd like to say please check back every day for updates, maybe weekly, surely monthly...oh heavens, it could take reminding for me to write something. One never really knows with me exactly what the outcome is going to be. :)
Most blogs have a theme to follow, faith, parenting, money saving tips, mine will be some sort of a catch all. As I like to keep my option open. When coming up with a blog title I struggled at first and then it hit me just like that! I needed to answer the popular dinner question, "what did you do today?" Okay it didn't really start out that way. It started out that I saw a blog title that reminded me of Andrew asking the question that all working daddys of stay at home moms think, (only mine says it out load) "Really, what did you do today?" But that sounds kind of mean...or I felt like others might think that is kind of mean...as no one really gets the way Andrew and I work. So, without a page more of details...I came up with, "So, what did you do today?" Often at our family dinners once Andrew is home from work and the excitement of having Daddy back in the house has calmed down; silence will strike our dinner table. No, really, silence does in fact happen at our dinner table. Only not for long, it is at that exact moment that Olivia pipes up and says, "So, Daddy, what did you do today?" And from that moment on there is not another moment of silence at the dinner table. Typically, Andrew and Olivia will go back and forth talking about their day with only mild interruptions or explanations from me to help clarify what Miss Olivia is talking about.
I hope my blog can give you a glimpse into a day in the life of our family. The newest Olivia funny and William's latest milestone like his recent accomplishment of rolling over. Both ways!! :)
Today, my kiddos slept most of the day, played with cousins and I saved $34 at Target couponing. (my latest fad.)
And with that the birth of this blog!
Looking forward to getting updates through your Blog! It's a fun hobby, but I sure haven't found much time for entries in the last few months. I've got to get better at it - Haven says and does too many hilarious and adorable things these days that I need to journal it somehow! Olivia sounds just precious. I can tell you love staying home with the kids. I know for me there is no other place in the world I'd rather be!
ReplyDelete