So for the past 2 months I have been wanting to get a nice detailed post of our trip down, however it seems that just isn't going to happen. So a few highlights:
William turned 6 months old the day before we left and could hardly sit up supported let alone by himself. However by the time we came home he had almost mastered sitting up by himself with no support at all. Hard to believe what a week can do with those little ones.
Olivia, as usual was a fabulous traveler. She is almost unbelievable. I look at her in the airport and wonder at what point she'll be flying by herself. She has it down - I suppose once she can read she will really have it mastered. I'm so proud of her and sad at the same time. She is really growing up on us.
Okay on with the trip - we had a blast. My mom stayed with us as well as Andrew's high school friend Jason. (friends from when he was in high school...not a friend of his that is currently in high school. heeheehee) And of course Papa Bruce and Sue were there too.
Royce taught Olivia how to fish and that had to be the highlight of her trip. She touched that fish like it was rubber and I'm trying not to be grossed out so that she continues to be adventurous. Although who really needs to be touching fish straight off the hook?
Olivia loved dancing at Count Basie Square. Every time we went to Lucya to do anything Olivia would run up on stage and dance to the music. Please note, every time I ask her if she wants to take lessons she tells me no. So I'm not pressing the issue to become a taxi driver. :)
And then there was the night that we had tacos at our unit. Olivia made her own but added a few interesting toppings. She added strawberries, yes strawberries and get this - Mike and Ike's. Not sure what that was all about but leave it to her to get a little creative with things.
At the fear of not saying enough of my little William. He LOVED that water. He would just float around as long as we would let him. It was a stark contrast to Olivia's first time there in the pool. She hated it. He loved it.
My mind is going blank right now but I'm pretty sure we did more. :) I had a wonderful hot stone massage that Andrew gave me for my birthday. It was fabulous and I'm pretty sure I'm due for another one. hint hint...wait he doesn't read this so that isn't going to help. :)