I can't believe it has four months since my last post. Shame on me!!!! I don't even know where to begin or what to say. I guess I'll just give a few highlights of our summer and start of fall.
We had a great vacation in July. We went to Chicago to visit some of Andrew's law school friends and the went downtown to the Field Museum and the Aquarium. The kids enjoyed it all. I look back at the fun but at the time was worn out chasing William everywhere. :) We then made our way up to the Wisconsin Dells to spend a few days at a water park. Olivia and Andrew had a blast going down all the slides. William and I enjoyed the wadding areas and watching those two go down the slides again and again.
William had a couple of quick hospital stays at the end of July beginning of August. One was a two day stay for an asthma attack only to come home for two days and back again with an anaphylaxis reaction to peanut butter. Yeah, so no nuts of any kind of my boy! Administering an EPI pen is not on my list of things to ever do again. Although, I must say, I'm extremely grateful for their invention and ability to save lives. Enough about that or I'll start crying.
August - hum....pregnancy brain has me at a loss. Andrew and I both took turns taking Olivia to the fair. I avoided the heat the best I could. And sadly the month must have just drifted by me.
OH - WAIT! August has a HUGE milestone at our house. Now, I know why I've blocked the month out. Olivia started Kindergarten. Sniff, sniff. At over a month into the school year I'm coping much better with her departure but it was a struggle. With my emotions and hormones all over the place I did not adjust well to this transition. I missed her so much at home and so did William. Olivia loves school and had really taken off reading. While she may not be as competitive on the soccer field as her dad would like, he (and I) couldn't be more proud of how competitive she is at reading. She reads around 5-10 children's book every night because she has to read them herself and she HAS to beat Dominic for the most books read in a month. She is even picking out more and more challenging books.
If you don't already know you are living in a hole, but we have announced we are having a little girl in December. We are at a total loss for a name. So please comment on suggestions if you have any. We need ideas. We tend to like traditional names that have a formal name but can also have a nice nickname.
Oh and just to update my few previous posts....the going unplugged TV thing...it didn't last long. We are back to watching it all the time...but hey, William and I get a kick out of watching Super Why together. He loves that show. I'm not sure he is getting the alphabet down yet...but one day he'll knock my socks off and say the whole thing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment