Monday, January 11, 2010

All in a years time

A year ago we were snuggled up next to each other catching a few zzz's in a warm hospital bed while we just enjoyed getting to know each other a little better. Today, he is almost a full fledged toddler (sniff, sniff) and the only semblance of tiny baby I have left are the few times a day he snuggles in to nurse for what seems to be nothing more than continued bonding time for the both of us. They grow so fast and develop those distinct personalities so well quickly. Here is a quick look at all the things that happen in a years time
  • He smiles all the time
  • He laughs a lot (especially if you give him zerberts)
  • He babbles when he isn't sucking on his beloved binky
  • He says mommm, mommm, mommmm and daddd, dadd, daddd
  • He whines when he wants me to pick him up
  • He rolls over both ways
  • He first army crawled, then big boy crawled
  • He walks holding on to anything, a hand, a finger, a toy, a highchair, a folding chair. If he can push it, he'll walk with it.
  • He climbs up stairs
  • He now officially climbs downstairs (But I discovered today he still needs work as he fell, but landed in the sitting up positions)
  • He really interacts with his toys, trying to use most of them for the intended purpose
  • He waves
  • He claps
  • He loves peak-a-boo
  • He can stand himself up
  • He can sit himself down
  • He can feed himself
  • He can drink from a sippy cup
  • He can turn pages in his books
  • He can stand for a few seconds and if feeling really brave take a step or two, but he's only done that 3 times, twice that I've seen.
  • He can find any small item on the floor - typically microscopic stickers of hearts and smiley faces and put them in his mouth
  • He has started dancing to music
  • He play fetch with Olivia. She throws a ball and he fetches it for her
  • He loves to play the drop and see if you pick it up game
  • He has 6 teeth and is working on some more bottom teeth

William is really coming into himself and developing his own personality. He is a total mama's boy and I love every minute of it. He has given me a hand full of nights where he has slept though but only one of them did Olivia also sleep that night. So in the last year I think that means I've slept through the night once. :) I get up so often my goal isn't even sleeping through the night, it is like just getting up once or twice. Ha!

***A friend of mine blogs about the milestones of her daughter every month. So, that gave me the idea to at least do it for his first birthday! Thanks Ami.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Isn't it amazing how much our little guys grow and learn in just one year? I can completely identify with the minimal nursing sessions that seem to be more of a bonding time. The only time Colton really nurses is when I bring him in my bed at 5am - hoping he might fall back asleep after he eats! And yes, it's not "I hope I can get a full night of sleep tonight" it is definitely more like "how many hours can in a row before I get awakened the first time?!"...but they are so worth it. I think our little guys might just have us wrapped around their fingers! Oh, but what a place to be :-)

    ReplyDelete