Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Boo Hoo

I title this post boo hoo for a couple of reasons. The first and less important is a big boo hoo to me because I'm so lame at updating this blog. We have been busy doing nothing I guess. :) Well that isn't totally true. I have been scoring some major deals on Christmas presents and Christmas photos. And that takes some online looking, driving around, price matching and major couponing. I'm proud to say I've been able to gets some toys as little 50% of the original price. For a new couponer that is good enough for me and maybe next year I'll be doing ever better. Oh and I scored some awesome deals for games at toys r us getting them for less than a $1. I got 50 of our photo Christmas cards for free, and Christmas post cards for 40 cents each and that includes the shipping. But enough about my new obsession on the the more important news.

Poor William. My poor baby boy officially has food allergies. :( He is allergic to milk, eggs, beef and sesame. They are all mild and beef and sesame are almost non existent but he did have a small reaction to those. Since he was born he has had small patches of eczema. The last few weeks it has exploded and is all over his body. The good news is it is much better than it could be. The Dr thinks that with harsh soaps (keep in mind I was using the mildest I knew of) and the food allergies that is what is making it so bad. So we are backing off of those food items in their true from. It is fine for William to have a cookie that is made with eggs but not okay for him to have a whole egg and he said to avoid ever letting him have a raw egg until he grows out of this. Which he suspects he'll out grow all of these by the time he is in kindergarten. In the mean time I can eat all of these things in moderation and shouldn't have to change my diet other than cutting back on dairy...since I drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of dairy. So that is good. I did forget to ask what to do when I wean him from nursing. I was kind of hoping to do that by his first birthday so that if I qualify for lasik eye sugary I could do that. But it appears I might just keep nursing longer or maybe we'll do soy milk. I'll ask when we go back in a few weeks to figure out the best plan for is eczema.

On a super happy note - we leave for Disney World on Saturday. Angela if you read this before I email you....(which I'm going to do as soon as I post) we need to see if we can meet up. I'll send you our schedule. Andrew is most excited about the Disney Princess breakfast. Yes, you are Andrew - you are looking most forward to that! Okay, maybe he is looking most forward to Olivia's reaction to the princess breakfast. :) Olivia is excited but very concerned because she want to be at Sammy house for his birthday not Disney World. What is it with my kids obsession with the Mussig Farm. :)

As always, I hope to get better at blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment