Tuesday, September 22, 2009

State Fair Time

We went to the fair a couple of times this year. Once as a family and the other with just me and the kids. I'll just post a bunch of picture and some descriptions.
It rained the morning we went to the fair. It stopped raining when we parked the car. If I remember right, it started raining again on our way home. God blessed us with some nice weather while we were there!


Right after we go in the gates Olivia wanted to see the horses. We found this little horse right away. I had to wait to get my tenderloin until she had time to pet the pony.


You never know what you'll find walking through the cattle barns. This was fun although neither of them are looking at the camera.


Daddy holding William in "the pack" as I call it. He really needed a nap, (William not Andrew) but we just couldn't get him to go to sleep. Although that night Olivia went to sleep at 5:30 and woke up the next morning at 7 am. I think the fair wore her out!


The following pictures are from our second trip to the fair. We found a little fishing Derby that Olivia had fun with. She didn't catch anything this time but she enjoyed it nonetheless.


Every now and then Olivia tends to be difficult. I know that is so hard to believe. We walked by a place handing out nurse hats made out of paper. Olivia was being a bit rude so I put it on and that made her laugh. She of course wanted to take a picture. Olivia LOVES taking pictures.


Most people can't go to the state fair without eating something on a stick. Well, we don't worry about stick food but rather seeing what IPTV kids has to offer. And this year we saw Clifford. We even went back later for story time from Dan Wardell. Olivia tried to teach Clifford how to give an explosive fist bump. The video of that is pretty funny. Maybe I'll learn how to add those sometime.


William and I got a little board waiting for Olivia at story time so we took pictures of ourselves. :)



Olivia won her first state fair ribbon in a hoop shoot contest. She had fun and says it is her favorite ribbon. Because well see below...


She won another ribbon in the Big Wheels contest. This one was very last minute they had an extra big wheels and they let her hop on. Her feet had a hard time reaching the pedals but she beat 3 other kids and took home a 5th place ribbon.


Man did I have a hard time getting this picture. Olivia did not want a picture with the camels. I thought they looked so cool up close but she just wanted to feed the blasted goats. :)


Here she is riding a donkey. I guess I wasn't paying attention. She wanted to ride a horse and I had her get on the last one...which is a donkey. She did it, liked it but of course thought she needed to do it again because she "never got to ride a pony." Don't worry, I didn't pay another $5 to let her do it again. Too bad so sad...it is time to go home, I'm tired!

We had a blast at the fair. I can't believe when I took the kids myself we spend over 5 hours there. They were both awesome. William was a dream baby and Olivia was very well behaved. Great kids, we are so blessed!